Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Grumble At: Chobani Yogurt.

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that my family consumes gallons of Chobani yogurt.  All three  of us probably have 1 a day, and it's likely in some ways one of the more expensive things we eat.  Yet, it's nutritious, delicious, and convenient, so we gladly fork over the money.  I was disappointed to notice recently that Chobani recently shrunk its cup size from 6 oz to 5.3 oz:

Source


Yet, it still costs the same!  In my opinion, what was more insidious is how they went about changing the cup size.  The above is an image that I found in an article about this cup size reduction.  Here's what my store's cups look like:



Originally when I saw the newly designed cups, I thought it was different because Chobani was promoting itself as a sponsor of the Olympics.  Fantastic.  It's nice to think of hard working athletes eating delicious yogurt instead of, you know, the McRib.  But in retrospect, it seemed like this little "Whoo Olympics!" moment dovetailed with the yogurt cups becoming a liiiiittle bit smaller.  Coincidence?  i think not.  Shame on you, Chobani, for using Olympic mania to hide your sneaky business decision.  That being said, will my family still consume massive amounts of Chobani yogurt?  Yup.  See the whole delicious, nutritious, convenient comment.  =) 

1 comment:

  1. I'm nominating you for the Liebster Award! :-) Please read my post about it to answer my questions and pass it along.

    ReplyDelete