Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Rethinking Your Trash!

I'm convinced that I'm the reincarnation of a Depression-Era person, and ever since I got into blogs last year, this suspicion has only grown.  Let me explain.  I hate waste and throwing things away.  Seriously.  To the point that I'm thisclose to becoming a hoarder.  =D  Reading the different blogs that I do, I've been seriously impressed with how people "upcycle" or just reinvent their trash.  My idea that I'm going to share with you today, is pretty humble, but hopefully helpful to someone out there.  As I started buying my son baby clothes, some of his things came in zippered packets.  Had I realized a year ago, I'd be blogging, I'd have taken a picture of it to give you guys an idea as to what I'm talking about.  Unfortunately, here, you'll have to use your imagination.  I found two uses for the zippered packets that work quite well for our family.  The first is, one hangs by my washer and dryer to hold old dryer sheets:




I don't know about you guys, but I LOATHE the sensation of the mesh on the lint trap on my fingertips.  Therefore I collect old dryer sheets to use as buffers, and this little zipper pack is perfect for storing them as I work on my laundry.

I also have one of these zipper packs hanging by my husband's desk to hold his mail.  I'm usually the one who grabs the mail and sorts it.  By using this "mail slot", the mail is clear and obvious for my husband to see without the possibility of it getting lost on his desk.  It's also a visual reminder to him to go through his mail. (BT note:  Because I'm anal retentive, I thought I'd add a picture of hubby's "mail slot".)



Hopefully you guys find these ideas useful or help inspire new ideas!  Happy upcycling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment